Monday, December 20, 2010

An Encounter With God

My first experiment with poetry...hope you enjoy it!

I looked up and found myself in a barren place
I cried out for a familiar voice but no one answered
There was no help in sight
I wondered to myself, how did I get here?

In the midst of my despair I heard a voice say
“You were never alone, I’ve been here always”
Who could it be? The voice I hear so clearly
A voice unfamiliar, but comforting in deed

Scared to ask who is behind the voice
To my surprise, I begin to speak
“Who are you? Where did you come from?”
The voice responds and I listened intently
“I am your sovereign King
The one who watches over you when you sleep
Your biggest supporter
Your very best friend”

Oh no! This cannot be
I’ve heard other tales of an encounter with God
I never thought the experience would be mine
How could God speak to me?
I’ve done so much wrong
Hurt so many
Ran so far away from his arms

God said, “I never gave up on you
I’ve always been speaking
But you chose not to hear
Now that you are listening
I can give you a life beyond your dreams”

In that moment it all made sense
I was meeting God for the very first time
All the darkness faded away
And I was experiencing the light
Never again will I run away
The joy I feel can’t be replaced
Today is the day my life has changed
The day I had an encounter with God

No comments:

Post a Comment