Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Change in Seasons

Every morning I get out with my twins and we walk around the neighborhood. Today, however, something was different. When I opened the door I felt the brisk air of Fall settling in. Yes, I could have bundled up the boys and braved the cold weather. Instead, I decided to stay inside where it was warm and comfortable.

I began to think about this scenario in the spiritual. God's word says that there is a time for everything. A different season to plant and a different season to harvest. Based on the season we are in, we have to make some adjustments. If we are in a season of waiting, we have to equip ourselves for when the harvest comes. We can't just sit idle and let our new season pass us by. Our attitude shouldn't change based on what season we are in, but we can put strategies in place to prepare for where God is going to take us next.

If you are in the midst of a trial, you should start to envision yourself coming out. If you are in a season of prosperity, you should always be prepared for whatever the enemy may try to throw your way. Don't stay inside and roll up in a ball because of what season you are in. Preparation and Expectation should be ever present when you are dealing with the things of God. I shouldn't have changed my routine just because the season had changed. That's how we have to be with God.

We need to recognize what season we are in so God can move in our lives. Too often, we are so ready to get out of what we are going through that we don't take the time to find out what God wants to show us through our situation. We should take every opportunity to grow from our adversity. Just like I opened the door this morning and felt the shift in seasons, God wants to do the same thing in the spiritual. We can all have the abundance that God intended for us from the beginning.

Video of the Day: Don't do it without me, Bishop Paul S Morton. Get ready to come into your new season!

No comments:

Post a Comment