Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Epiphany


I've been using poetry as a way to express some of my feelings and this one came about when I started thinking about my relationship with God and all the times I kept running away from Him. In an epiphany of sorts I realized that my life would never be complete or fulfilling if I didn' totally surrender to God's will. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to comment and let me know what you think!
In my brokenness I found you
In secret silence, I cried out for your warm embrace
My loneliness hearkened for intimacy with you
From the depths of my soul I longed to see your face
To know you more and more each day

No touch has ever been sweeter, no joy more profound
In your presence, I’m engulfed with peace
This love cannot be measured in mere numbers
The infinite expression of its magnitude, my heart cannot comprehend

Yet despite all the days and nights of sheer delight
I constantly kept pushing you away
I felt unworthy of such pure undefiled love
Engrafted in my inner most parts were memories

Memories of love lost and broken hearts
That cycle I could not bear to repeat
You seemed so different from the others
You asked of me only one thing

Commitment is what you wanted, Commitment is what you deserved
Complete and total surrender, unrelenting sacrifice
You ask these things because you’ve given them all to me
When you watched your son die upon that tree

Your most self-less act was displayed
You shared the most perfect part of yourself with me
How can I keep running to imitations of the love I’ve found in you?
Okay God I’m ready….I surrender my all to you


No comments:

Post a Comment