Monday, September 19, 2011

Out of the mouth of Babes

A few days ago I was watching one of my favorite preachers on television and my four year old son came and sat beside me. The message was very powerful because the preacher was talking about taking authority over the enemy and using the dominion that God has always intended for us to have. As we were watching the message, my four year old tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Mommy, you have dominion!" I was surprised for a moment, but then the Spirit of the Lord reminded me of Psalm 8:2 which reads, "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger." I didn't even realize my son was paying attention, but clearly he embraced the crux of the message the preacher was trying to convey.

As I meditated on what took place, my mind immediately shifted to the pondering question of why we as adults find it so difficult to take the word of God and boldly declare it as my four year old son had done. He didn't ask me if I had dominion, when I was going to get dominion or if I felt like I had dominion. Instead he used his authority and declared that dominion was mine. What resonated most for me was the fact that my son had not been corrupted by this world's system of thinking. His mind is still pure and he believed what he heard to be true.

Now, more than ever it is time for us as Christians to exercise our child like faith again.We need to get into the word and find scriptures that relate to what we are going through and declare and decree that what God has promised will manifest in our lives. We need to stop asking God so many questions like why and when and we need to flee from rationalization. Most importantly we must believe that the Word of God is true! My four year old taught me a valuable lesson about using my authority and the power of my tongue. He heard something and immediately spoke it into existence. He didn't wait to see if it was feasible or likely; He just opened his mouth and declared it! What would happen in your life if you started to do the same? What signs and wonders would take place if we all used the same authority that my four year old did? It's time for us to stop sitting back and letting the enemy run all over us. He's trying to invade our minds, get into our finances and attack our physical bodies, but he is already defeated. We can no longer be passive Christians and allow the enemy to wreak havoc in our lives. It's time to take back everything the enemy has stolen from us and declare that what the enemy meant for evil, God will turn it around for our good. So in the words of my four year old, "You have DOMINION!!" What are you going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment